2ème arrêt : Omaha Beach, secteur "Dog Green", Vierville Sur Mer
On this section of Omaha Beach, you will see how the Germans defended the beach and you will hear the story of the American soldiers from the 29th Infantry Division who landed there.
From this sector, the whole length of Omaha beach is visible. You will also see the famous seawall and the bluff running all along Omaha.
Omaha Beach nowadays
Omaha Bach in 1944
What to see on the way from Omaha Beach to Pointe du Hoc ?
You will see some remains of the American artificial harbor that was set up on Omaha Beach.
We are going to drive on the coastal road that was one of the objectives of the American Rangers who landed at the bottom of the cliff on Pointe Du Hoc.
Pointe du Hoc was extremely strategic on D-Day because the German battery on top the cliff was made of long range canons that could shoot on both American fleets : Omaha fleet and Utah fleet.
- 1er arrêt : Cimetière Américain de Colleville Sur Mer, situé à l'Est d'Omaha Beach
- 2ème arrêt : Omaha Beach, secteur "Dog Green", Vierville Sur Mer
- 3ème arrêt : la Pointe du Hoc, Cricqueville-en-Bessin
- 4ème arrêt : Sainte Mère Eglise
- 5ème arrêt : Utah Beach, Saint Marie du Mont
- 6ème arrêt : Angoville au Plain, l'église
- Dernier arrêt : Retour à Bayeux, place de Québec